The CSCH Infusion Clinic allows patients to receive treatment as an outpatient while still taking part in most of their usual daily activities. We are committed to giving the best care experience for our patients.
Cost Effective - As an outpatient service, most services are covered by Medicare and other insurances.
Professional - Registered nurses administer and supervise treatment at all times. Our pharmacy is staffed with infusion experienced pharmacists. If needed, physician support is available on site.
Comfortable - Patients are made comfortable in reclining chairs and cable TV is available.
Some of the services we offer:
- IV therapies, injections, hydration, prophylactic medications prior to dental procedures
- Medications of many types such as Remicade / Solumedrol / multiple antibiotics, allergy injections, epogen/vit K /vit B12, immunoglobulins
- Procedures such as transfusion blood products, bedside procedures, paracentesis, thoracentesis, portacath /PICC flushes and labs, migraine therapies and pain control
- Physician orders with patient diagnosis, medical history, and medication list are required.
- Consents, referrals or pre-certifications may be required if necessary from Primary Care Physician.
- For best service, Type & Cross match should be obtained a day or two before the scheduled blood
transfusion by outpatient lab.
- Authorization from the insurance company must be obtained by the physician prior to services being performed. All authorization numbers must be attached to the physician order sheet.
Centra Southside Community Hospital Infusion Clinic
800 Oak Street
Farmville, VA 23901
434.315.2699 / 434.315.2698
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Same day MD call-ins are welcome 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.